Top 5 Press Hits of 2020
While 2020 was a difficult year in so many ways, there were rays of hope. Part of what made 2020 a hopeful year for us at Vertical Harvest was that it was the year our work and mission seemed to really break through in the media. Below are our Top 5 press hits for 2020 (in cased you missed them!):
- CNN. Late in the year we were honored to discover that Vertical Harvest, our team of changemakers, and our CEO Nona Yehia were named a CNN Champion for Change in 2020. This award profiles 10 innovators leading the charge to a better world with new ideas and groundbreaking solutions.
- Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien. Early in the year, this detailed feature profiled how here at Vertical Harvest, our unique employment model is creating and expanding economic options and upward mobility for people with disabilities.
- News Center Maine. Our expansion to Westbrook, Maine was profiled on this local NBC feature, which underscored our goal to bring 1 million pounds of produce per year to greater Portland, Maine and surrounding areas.
- Edible Maine. This well-respected food publication in Maine focused on the importance of vertical farming in making cold climate communities more sustainable.
- Produce Grower. We started the year featured on the cover of this well-respected industry magazine, which covered the distinctive architecture off our greenhouse, as well as our Grow Well employment mission.
Keep your eyes peeled for even more coverage in early 2021. Exciting things are on the horizon!