Nona Yehia Chosen for Indoor Ag-Con Board
We are excited to announce that our CEO, Nona Yehia, was selected for the inaugural advisory board of Indoor Ag-Con, the nation’s premier trade show for the indoor agriculture/vertical farming industry.
Although with 11 other thought leaders from across the agriculture supply chain – from grocers to commercial real estate — Nona will advise and help shape the educational conference and exhibition floor offerings of the May 2021 edition of Indoor Ag-Con and other new initiatives planned for the coming year.
Spotlighting Successful Indoor Agriculture Businesses
“For 2021, successful indoor agriculture business development strategies will be the primary focus for our event, says Brian Sullivan, co-owner, Indoor Ag-Con. “The insights and intelligence we’ll gather from these successful leaders of indoor agriculture, as well as a number of the sectors our attendees and exhibitors hope to do business with, will go a long way in shaping meaningful content, networking and exhibition opportunities.”
Vertical Harvest’s singular vertical greenhouse structure, integrated employee model, and thoughtful growth strategy make it unique in the indoor agriculture industry, which makes Nona’s voice crucial in helping to craft this content. “Our Grow Well model and our commitment to employ underserved populations is unique in indoor agriculture,” Nona says. “I’m excited to bring that perspective to the table.”
For 2021, Indoor Ag-Con will co-locate with The National Grocers Association (NGA) Show, the leading trade show and conference for independent grocers. The combined event will be held at the new Caesars Forum Convention Center in Las Vegas from May 16-18, 2021.
Other Advisory Board member include:
- Samuel Bertram, CEO and Co-Founder, OnePointOne, Inc.
- Julie Emmett, Senior Director, Retail Partnerships Plant Based Foods Association
- Greg Ferrara, President & CEO, National Grocers Association
- Henry Gordon Smith, CEO & Managing Director, Agritecture
- Marni Karlin, Executive Director, CEA Food Safety Coalition
- Tracy Lee, Division Lead, CEA Department, Sakata Seed Company
- Jody McGinness, Executive Director, Hemp Industries Association
- Tim McGuinness, Sterling Advisory Group & Former SVP, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Chris Nemchek, President, Coach Global Solutions & Former SVP, Specialty Food Association
- Matt Roy, Vice President of Business Development Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA), Tanimura & Antle
- E. Austin Webb, CEO & Co-Founder, Fifth Season, Powered By Robotany