Recipe: Pea Shoot Savoury Pancakes Tuna Tartare with Wasabi Mustard
Dawn Hagin2020-10-15 15:09:362021-04-27 15:12:23Recipe: GOAT CHEESE POLENTA WITH ROCK CHIVE
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta or grits
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces goat cheese, plus extra for topping
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Rock chive microgreens for garnish
- Bring the 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Whisk in the polenta and lower the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes and then remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5-7 minutes or until fluffy and cooked through.
- Stir in the butter and goat cheese and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside. While the polenta is cooking, prepare your mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring frequently, until the vinegar has for the most part cooked out.
- Season with salt and black pepper where needed and remove from heat.
- Assemble your polenta in a small serving dish and top with the balsamic mushrooms, a sprinkle of goat cheese, and a garnish of microgreens.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!