Recipe: Pea Shoot Savoury Pancakes
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or camelina oil
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pea shoots
- 3 Tbsp chopped chives
- In food processor or blender, blend together eggs, cottage cheese, oil, flour, garlic, lemon zest, and salt.
- Pulse in pea shoots and chives.
- Heat lightly greased skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add batter 1/4 cup at a time to pan and cook pancakes until bubbles form on top, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook until pancakes are browned on bottom and centers are just cooked through, about 1 minute longer.
- Let pancakes cool on metal rack while you prepare remaining batter. You should get at least 10 pancakes.