Recipe: Lettuce Cups with Roasted Root Veggies & Moroccan Spices
- Vegetable broth
- 1 pound beets
- 1 pound carrots
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of coriander
- 1 pinch of allspice
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Greek Yogurt
- Vertical Harvest Butterhead Lettuce
- Cook the quinoa. Use 1 cup quinoa + 1 ½-2 cups vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and cook for 20 minutes. Refrigerate to cool.
- Heat the oven to 400
- Wash 1 pound of beets, wrap each in foil and put on a baking sheet.
- Put 1 pound of small carrot chucks on the baking sheet and toss with olive oil.
- Roast until a knife pierces the beets with little resistance, 45 to 90 minutes, and the carrots are tender and browned (remove when done; before the beets).
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into small chunks; toss them and the carrots with chopped almonds, ½ teaspoon each of cumin and coriander, a pinch of allspice, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves and spread them over a serving tray.
- Add a large spoonful of the root veggie mixture and small spoonful of quinoa to each lettuce leaf
- Top with a dollop of yogurt